Hello lovely readers! It’s been an unbelievably long time since my last post and for that I apologize. To think I thought that I would have more time on my hands after graduating college and getting a job. Hilarious.
I decided to go with a somewhat “light-hearted” post today. Things you may not know about me…so here goes:
1. I lived in Orlando, FL for 8 months when I was a little squirt. Dad was temporarily transferred there for work. Apparently there are plenty of fun stories about my family’s time there. My favorite is my brother’s “Mommy, big hairy spider go hop-hop-hop under your seat” revelation. Hello, tarantula! I consider it a blessing that I do not remember this.
2. I taught English camp in the Czech Republic in 2005. I traveled with my high school youth group to the CZ for 3 weeks. We started in Prague where I then spent 6 hours on a train to reach Malenovice, a small town where we trained for our English camps. After several days of training we rode on a very fast traveling double decker bus through windy roads into the mountains for 8 days of English camps. After camps we spent 3 days in home stays with camp attendees in the city of Cesky Budejovice. After that, we spent a couple of days in Prague before returning home. It was, without a doubt, the single greatest experience of my life.
Here’s the youth team that went:
And here’s my English class. We taught them how to blow bubbles this day:
3. I just ate my very first Big Mac ever. It was delicious.
4. I am afraid of barges. You know those giant boat-like things that get (ironically) pushed along by tug boats and are used to transport things like coal, etc.? Yup. They scare the crap out of me. I have absolutely no idea why.
5. I have watched the movie Center Stage no less than 20 times. In fact, I could probably quote it word-for-word if that wouldn’t get me smacked by whoever may be watching it with me. Unless that person is my longest friend Amy who would quote it word-for-word right along with me.
6. I took Latin as my foreign language in high school. Hilarious, right? I mean, it’s a dead language. But, hey–it got me out of taking a foreign language in college. Agricola est in villa.
7. I saw Josh Groban in concert in high school. That man is seriously talented. And pretty. Also, it poured rain the entire concert and our seats were literally the first row behind where the pavilion roof ended. When he sang “Remember When it Rained” while it was raining, I knew instantly that I would, in fact, remember when it rained.
8. I have met and been photographed with wrestler Kurt Angle. My brother was on the wrestling team in elementary school and Kurt Angle came to our school for an assembly and my brother was supposed to be photographed with him, but he was sick that day, so they asked me to step in for him (I have NO idea why). Hilarious. And no, I do not have said picture, you’ll just have to take my word for it.
9. I had a huge crush on Lance Bass from N*SYNC back in the day. If only I had known…..
10. I can only tolerate eating Peeps if they’re stale. So yea, a big middle finger flip to the person who decided to re-engineer peeps so that they can’t get stale anymore.
Well, perhaps you learned something new about me today, or perhaps you didn’t. Either way, I hope you enjoyed! I’m really going to make an effort to post more often, but I can’t promise anything — my job keeps me super busy!
Have a great night everyone!